Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Small books

This week I was able to go to the library with just one of my three children which is always a treat. In this case, it was my four year old daughter. She simply loves little books. (Even better, small books in boxes!) In our library we have a small castle bookcase that houses the small versions of children's books. One of her favorites is Little Richard by Patricia M. Scarry. She has checked it out so many times that I considered buying a copy until I saw the price on Amazon! For others searching for small books you might consider these:

Nutshell Library by Maurice Sendak

Making Mini Books
(Klutz)

Any Beatrix Potter books. My daughter has the minature collection which did not hold together well. I would recommend The World of Peter Rabbit box set.

Usborne books also publishes several of their encyclopedias and story collections in miniature size. My daughter and my son love holding these books comfortably in their hands and don't mind that the text is so small.


Check out this great post at the Brookeshelf about an online exhibit of miniature books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I *love* The Nutshell Library. They're always small books, but I have this teeny tiny little set that comes in a box that is one of my favorite things in the world.