Friday, March 16, 2007

My Reading Interests

I thought it might be wise to create a post about my reading preferences before I continue to post other thoughts, reviews, and ideas. I am a huge fantasy/science fiction fan when it comes to reading or viewing movies. I also love any book that my kids (5,4,and 2) find appealing since I believe they are quite discerning in their preferences as well. I love having a "real book" to hold in my hands while at the same time I am very interested in ebook technology and how it can be a valuable tool in the language arts classroom. I would prefer to read a children's book over an adult piece of fiction any day. I'm addicted to buying books. One of my favorite activities is to go to the local bookstore at 9 p.m. at night and just look and read. Of course, I usually come home with something. I see myself going back to the classroom when my children are all in school and then possibly pursuing a degree in Library Science.

My favorite authors and illustrators are:
J.K.Rowling
Chris Van Allsburg
David Weisner
Philip Pullman
Eric Carle
Peggy Rathmann

Some of my favorite books are:
The Dinosaurs of Waterhouse Hawkins by Barbara Kerley
The Mysteries of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg
Wild About Books by Judy Sierra
Actual Size by Steve Jenkins
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
The Jolly Postman by Janet and Allan Ahlberg
Holes by Louis Sachar

No comments: